We wanted to tell you about a great program called “Pet Peace of Mind” that could be of great help to anyone you know that is going through a life-threatening illness. Pets are a great source of comfort for all of us and studies have shown that just being near a pet can help lower blood pressure and lengthen life. Therefore, Hospice of SLO developed this program to allow people with illness to still have pets and not have to worry about their day-to-day care or what will happen to the pet should the person pass away.
Key features of the program include:
- In-home pet care and pet food delivery
- Transport to and from Vet and Groomer appointments
- Assistance with veterinary costs
- People do not have to be on medical hospice services to qualify
- All provided at no cost to the client or family
- Specially training volunteers
- Provisions for pet re-homing should the owner pass away
We just think that this is a phenomenal program and hope that you will help us to spread the word. No one should be forced to give up their pet just because of personal illness!
For more information, go to http://www.hospiceslo.org/services/pet-peace-of-mind.html