Halloween can be a dangerous time for pets. Before you head out to Trick or Treat, here are a few easy things you can do to help keep your pets safe:
- Make sure that pets are safely kept away from the front door during trick or treating. They can easily escape to the great outdoors.
- Make sure your pets have some form of ID (preferably a collar and microchip) in case they do decide to take off.
- Keep that candy out of reach! Make sure children are aware that many candies can be toxic to pets, especially raisins, chocolate, or sugar free treats.
- Be aware of tip hazards when using lit candles. Inquisitive pets can easily knock these over and start a fire!
- Not all pets like to dress up! Be aware that putting a costume on your pet could be a serious source of stress!
Have a safe and Happy Halloween from your friends at Pismo Beach Vet!
For more pet tips, check out: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/halloween-safety-tips